Monday, May 2, 2011

Home made "brew"

After a great weekend celebrating my Birthday with family and friends I feel the incredible urge to get creative again. 
I need to make some cards this week since there are birthdays coming up. I have a couple of people I want to tell how special they are to me, and scrap-booking supplies were amongst the birthday presents so I am definitely in the mood!

I absolutely LOVE the shiny mists they sell in the scrap-booking stores, but they are very pricy. I heard of a recipe to make your own, which would work out a lot cheaper than those being on the market. 

The basic ingredients are a little high to purchase, but go a very long way. I calculated a bottle of home made mist will cost approximately $3.- This includes a new-bought spray bottle. Of course reused bottles will bring the costs down to somewhere close to $2.- 

Ingredients


Ingredients:
4 parts water
2 parts alcohol
1 part Gum Arabic
15 drops alcohol ink
1/4 teaspoon Perfect Pearls
1 small spray-mist bottle

Directions:
Poor all ingredients in the small spray-mist bottle.
Shake thoroughly.
SPRAY AWAY!
A sprayed flower
I noticed the ingredients separate after "sitting" for a while, just shake thoroughly before every use. 

Can you imagine how many colors you can create this way, I am so excited! I only bought one spray bottle, so "ADIOS" for now, I am on my way to Michaels!



No comments:

Post a Comment