Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's a start

Well, I came home from working a nightshift this morning and went straight to the computer to finally post something on my blog. I worked on it for about three hours. Explored the blogger.com site, took a picture of myself (actually about 90 to find one where I looked half decent after a long night without any sleep. Deleted the other 89.), wrote a post, searched for photographs, cropped and adjusted exposure, and guess what….I accidentally erased it all!

By that time I had enough of it and took a break away from all this. And here I am at it again in the hope that everything goes right this time and I can actually publish something.  I am relatively new to scrap-booking. I have put a few pages together, basically sticking photographs and stickers in an album. Then I met my dear friend Sandie (Crisman Creations). She showed me the beautiful pages she made and a couple of techniques, I realized I didn’t have a clue. I don't know much yet, I am anxious to learn, and very excited about the possibilities paper art has.

For now I am just making cards. It is a fast way to practice techniques and see results. Since I am a beginner and don't have as much paper and goodies as the pro's on these blogs, making cards saves me from wasting too many materials and gives me space to make boo boo's. In the meantime I keep viewing the beautiful work being posted on these blogs and will show some of my work on my own. Please send me feedback and give me pointers, perhaps one day I will be good at this too.
I showed this card to my friend Sandie and she told me her instinct told her the card should be up-right. I had not looked at it that way and after keeping the card in different positions I agreed. My birdie would be laying on it's side though, so I posted it the way I made it. I will make another one up-right and probably use another color. BTW. I made it with Easter on my mind, but I think it turned out more like a "It's a boy!" card.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the new world of blogging!!!!!! I love your card and I can see the artist/design in you coming out. We missed you on Saturday! Hope you can join us for the next one. I just became your follower!

    ReplyDelete